Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Join us in our......Drive Across America

I wanted to give you a heads up about next week.  It should be fun to come along!!

As you know, next week we will be driving across the USA!!!  Georgia to Nevada, as we move to Reno!  And you can join us ....  virtually that is :0)

This could be a fun geography lesson, if you want the kids to help track us!

I will be doing a whole travel series......each day updating with where we are at, what sights we are seeing, what adventures we come across, where/how we are lodging, and maybe even what foods we get to try out along the way.

I hope this is fun for everyone.

Although we do have plans for each day we are NOT making advanced reservations, etc.  This way we have a plan, but do not have to adhere to a schedule and can change our minds as we go along!  You are welcome to leave comments and suggest places for us to go see.

We are hoping to visit:
Indian Mounds
American Rose Society Gardens
Cadillac Ranch
Mesa Verda
Grand Canyon
Hoover Dam

We leave Atlanta on Saturday evening July 23rd and we think we will be arriving in Reno on Sunday evening July 31st. 

We hope to visit 11 states, stay in hotels, cabins, and Bed and Breakfasts, take interstates, highways, and back roads....lots of variety and lots of fun!

Let me know if you plan on following along! 

5 comments:

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

How exciting for you and your family! And this does sound like a fun and very experiencial way to learn geography!

Blessings on your trip and your move!

Connie said...

I want to come along! Of course, I'll be crying each time I read about you getting further away, but it sounds like you are making it an incredible journey. You are one amazing wife & mom!! I love your sense of adventure!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, looks like you will be coming through my area Longview, Texas!!
I would suggest when you arrive in Shreveport, LA to visit the Bardsdale Air Force Base! They have a nice little museum. You can also walk out to the retired planes! This is all free and your daughter will enjoy the adventure.
Enjoy your "drive across America" and we will be praying for safe travels for your family!

Shawna Hornsby

Samantha said...

We can't wait to see what adventures you encounter and will be praying for safe travels and peace and contentment through the adjustment of the move.

Wendy said...

Angela,
What a trek--may you have a safe, educational, and enjoyable time crossing our beautiful country.
Blessings,
Wendy
www.wendygunn.net