I bet you didn't know that 'homeschool chic' is the new hot look for livingrooms and sunrooms everywhere. .......Well, maybe not.....but that is what we have going on here.
At first our school area was pretty much contained in our sunroom (which is open to our livingroom) but has recently ran into our livingroom as well, since we now use the tv for the Abeka DVDs and I co-teach with Mrs. Wasser on the dvd. (Side note - I am so loving 4 year old Kindergarten!! Rose has already learned the days of creation, phonics for the letter i, Genesis 1:1, and more.....and we just started!!) Anyways, this post is about our livingroom decor.
I wanted a a board next to the tv...can't afford to buy one...so I made one! Part is a dry erase board turned sideways then I made a giant felt board out styrofoam sheets (ordered online) and pink felt purchased at the fabric store. I think it turned out alright, but most importantly it serves its function perfectly!

I put up a May wall calendar and decorated the wall around it, of course including Rose and Andrew's names. This will replace the monthly bulletin boards I was doing on a different wall. Oh and I don't have a pic but our front hall is lined with Rose's artwork and school work.....oh so very home school chic!
I put up a May wall calendar and decorated the wall around it, of course including Rose and Andrew's names. This will replace the monthly bulletin boards I was doing on a different wall. Oh and I don't have a pic but our front hall is lined with Rose's artwork and school work.....oh so very home school chic!
Maybe one day when we get a house we can have a separate home school area to where it is not so in your face but for now we are going to live with the home school chic look!
(yes, I noticed after I took the pictures that I didn't tidy up first but, hey, this way I captured the real look.)
2 comments:
Homeschool Chic is so cool. Maybe you'll start a new fad! You are making me anxious for when Lilly gets a little bigger. I'm savoring today though. The sunroom area looks like a kindergarten classroom, so I think you are achieving the look you were going for :-).
oh thanks!! I make fun of it, but I actually do like it...I think b/c of what it represents.
I LOVE teaching, it is my passion. And I love the A Beka CHRISTIAN curriculum. The foundation I think Rose is getting is priceless (and definitely worth changing our decor for!)
When Rose was 3 I started the with the A Beka Curriculum. But when she was 2 I did Chubby Cubby http://cubbiescurriculum.com/ - It was basically fun activities we did together that taught shapes colors numbers etc...lots of gluing etc.(A Beka currently does not have anything for 2 year olds.) Chubby Cubby was really neat...it is for up to 5 year olds but I think it shouldn't be used past 2 because it is soooo simple. So it worked out perfectly that A Beka has a program for 3 year olds. Although the dvd program doesn't begin until 4 year old K.
All exciting stuff!
And I bet you have already began some stuff with Lilly.
Post a Comment