Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Good Book


Okay this is another book I just read. It is based on Ephesians 5:33 "Each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband." ...notice the words 'must'. She needs love; he needs respect.

I will admit I was having a hard time relating to this book....he gave examples of arguments and miscommunication. And I thought who talks to their spouse like that? I would be devastated if Chad said that or acted like that.....and I would never want to verbally destroy Chad like that! But then I realized that 1 out of 2 couples get divorced...even Christian couples....so this must be how A LOT of people talk to each other. So I kept reading. Most things in this book we already have implemented in our marriage but it is great to have it in the forefront of my mind and reinforce some things. Another thing I like about this book, is that it is for men AND women.
If you ever argue with your spouse. Or don't always understand them. Or want steps to improve your relationship. I recommend this book.

This book has been taught as class at our church, but we were unable to attend the classes. I have heard many people talk about how it has helped them and their relationships.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I just wanted to add that this book is a 'what' each person needs book. If you want a 'how to' book read "Excellent Wife" that I talked about in previous posts. 'Excellent wife' is still my fav so far this year. It is very counter-cultural, but very biblical!