Monday, March 3, 2008

Hit and Run

Yes, I was involved in another accident yesterday. As a driver, I have never been in a car accident...that is until I moved to Atlanta. You may remember the wreck last summer, that the police officer called a fender bender, but ended up totaling my van. We went a couple weeks without a vehicle then found our wonderful current van. I loved my old van and love our newer van even more! Anyways, yesterday we went to church together came home ate some lunch then I went to pick up my unsold items from a consignment sale that I did over the weekend. Which means I was in the van alone, thank goodnesses...it is very rare that I am without Rose. I was less than a block from returning home. This white van, Hispanic male driver, with the out of state license plate number of AS65374, runs right into the side of my van then takes off in the opposite direction! My first response was ...'I can't believe that I am in another wreck!' then 'oh my goodness that guy just kept going'. Luckily, three different vehicles stopped to give a description of him and his license plate number. I was not injured. Last night I felt sore all over, but when Jody (Andrew's mom) gets back into town I will ask for an adjustment on my back and neck, plus I will use my gift certificate for a body massage and those should help. The impact damaged the passenger front and sliding door. The cop that came to the scene didn't even get out of his car, which I thought was odd. Anyways, I was much more calm after this wreck than my first wreck. And I am thankful that Rose was not in the van with me. After returning home, we were able to still go to Stone Mountain that afternoon as planned.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I'm so sorry about the car accident. I'm glad that you are okay, other than being a little bit sore. At least some other people stopped and you were able to get the license number of the vehicle. It so sad that there are people that would do something like that. Here's hoping that driving experience gets better in Atlanta!