Thursday, October 23, 2008

Handwriting

Rose asked me to take a picture of her writing sheet this morning. Yes, she is in her PJs...gotta love the comfy-ness of homeschool :)
I recently made her this notebook, so she could use it with dry erase markers and practice as much as she wanted without using so much paper. So far it's been a big hit.In the above photo she used an orange marker and took out the paper worksheet to better showcase her work. (my little ham....but I am glad she tries hard and is happy with her accomplishments:)

Giving herself smiley faces for a page well done. (switched to a red marker, now)

a close up of her page

Good job, sweetie!

3 comments:

Jennifer Hoover said...

O my goodness, cursive!!!???!!!
She is so bright, and you are such a wonderful mother and teacher. She is so blessed to have you for a mom.

Samantha said...

Is this cursive or the combination one?

You always remind of good tips. I never thought to use the protective covers with dry erase markers. I have a ton of them that I found while cleaning our office and I wasn't sure what to do with them. I think that I might just hang on to them a bit longer.

Angela said...

It is full blown CURSIVE, not D'nealian. D'nealian is what most public K use right now, but we went with cursive. Research shows cursive first creates better life long penmanship. And I figured a 'lady' should have good penmanship:) Also, printing will be learned naturally. Rather than teaching print then a couples yrs later teaching cursive....You just teach cursive. She is learning it along with her phonics. When we learn a new letter we learn it's sound, it's blends, and how to write it in cursive.