Friday, February 29, 2008

Water Land

The day before yesterday the dishwasher didn't run when I turned it on. I thought maybe I didn't turn the dial all the way. So yesterday when I went to run it again (I already had dishes pilling up in up the sink waiting their turn) I made sure I turned the dial to the correct spot. I go in the bedroom to play Mr Potato Head with Rose. We play for a while. I go back into the kitchen, the floor is flooded. Yes water just loves us here at this apartment.
There was the major flooding back in December in the bathroom, hall, and bedroom; then the beginning of this month, water was coming in through the ceiling in our living room (I don't think I blogged about that one) and the water that came in our laundry room and now there is a big hole in the ceiling in there. Water stains on our ceiling in the living room and water stains down the walls is now a common sight. So when I saw water cover my kitchen floor, I wasn't shocked. I go to clean it up and discover the water by the dishwasher it is an inch high. Oh...I am beginning to become an expert water cleaner upper!
Spending over an hour washing dishes by hand...still wasn't done....so my loving husband offers to finish them up for me. Isn't he so sweet.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Washing dishes by hand is never fun. It isn't one of my favorite chores, but I found this little poem once at a Christian Bookstore in Richmond and it always made doing the dishes a little more pleasant. I think it is appropriate for today's post:

Thank God for dirty dishes,
They have a tale to tell.
While other folks go hungry,
We're eating very well.
With home and health and happiness
We shouldn't want to fuss.
For by this stack of evidence,
God's very good to us.

Angela said...

That is a good poem....thanks for sharing.