Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hosting a Valentine's Banquet

The Sunday evening before Valentine's Day, we hosted our church's assembly and turned it into a Valentine banquet theme. 
Here are our decorations.  We had hearts, streamers, and various other Valentine themed things on the walls.  Some Valentine theme slides and music playing on the TV.  Pink cushions (that all were previously made by Rose, if you remember from Here and Here) on the couch.  Rose enjoyed putting Valentine window clings on the windows.  We had tissue paper flowers, which you know I love (as I talked about Here).
Rose really enjoys Valentines day so I tried to make it extra special.  Thanks to Pinterest we had some help. We made some gorgeous heart shaped cupcakes. (from These instructions, but used foil instead of a marble) 
To make our cheese and pepperoni tray I was able to use a cookie cutter for the cheese, but had to cut the pepperoni with a knife.
  Our heart themed salad was also fun.
We normally use red solo cups and write our names on them with sharpie markers.  But for the banquet I wanted something nicer.  So stem glasses were in order.  I wasn't sure how to mark whose was whose.  Then I remembered the window clings!  I put on a different small cling on each glass, now each glass is unique.
I used a silicone heart mold for making heart shaped ice.
 

Here is the dessert table after everyone arrived and added to it.  Yummy!

 We had 7 adults, 2 teens, and 2 children here.   It was so fun doing this!  It is nice to put forth some extra effort now and then to make something special.  I may have to do this type of thing more often.  Hmm...what's the next holiday coming up?

No comments: