Saturday, May 14, 2011

To (not) Take Paper Flowers

These flowers have been lovingly sitting in my bedroom for about three years.  On occasion they may even sit in the dinning room.

I love these flowers.
Rose made some of them for me on a previous Mother's Day and some for my birthday.

Even though they are paper, they are beautiful.  I treasure them.  It reminds me of the precious little girl that God has placed in my care.  ...my responsibility to train her up in the ways of the Lord, to be a loving example to her, to lovingly guide her.

But as we are preparing to move and are sorting our 'stuff'  I realize that it is just not practical to pack and move all our stuff, like lovely paper flowers.  ...as, we will have limited space.   So that prompted me to take a photo of this item that has been part of my life, part of my daily beauty for years.

I don't want to forget that this season in my life of caring for and loving this little girl is only here for a short time.  It is a precious time.

I have always dreamed of being a mommy to a llittle girl.  Being a wife and a mom has been my dream job since I was a little girl myself.  Now that it is here, I try to be purposeful in enjoying it and savoring it.

I have had lots of other jobs along my journey to being a mom.  I got to thinking of the different jobs I had along my path.  So I decided to write them down, for the fun of it.
Here are actual paying jobs that I have had (in no particular order):
  • Lifeguard
  • Babysitter
  • 1st Grade Teacher
  • Tutor
  • Preschool Teacher
  • Salesperson
  • Cake Decorator
  • Middle School Special Ed Math and Science teacher
  • Insurance Agent
  • Youth minister
  • Mail Room
  • Marketing Executive
  • Dorm Cleaner
  • Melaleuca Director
  • Substitute Teacher
  • Summer Missionary
  • Farm Help
  • Personal Educator
  • Nanny
  • Brokerage Accounts Rep
  • Pampered Chef Consultant
  • Handwriting Letters for Companies
  • Camp Counselor
At least those are the ones I can think of.
Ahh, nothing even comes close to what I do now.


So, how many of you have paper made gifts sitting in places of honor in your home?


 

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Since I can't save every single picture that she draws and piece of artwork that she makes (or flower, leaf, etc)-- I do the same thing and take pictures.

Even still, it's hard to let those little things go.