Sunday, November 18, 2012

Week 12 and finally her 8 year old photos

It is always so much fun to start the week with a playdate!  Rose and Carissa playing the Wii...

This week we learned about Northern Europe and studied Norway.  We learned about northern evergreen forests and winter in northern forests.
Rose's favorite book this week is Kingdom Tales - book 2.

On Wednesday evening we hosted a viewing of the movie 'Monumental' Rose had previously seen the movie, so she and Carissa played, which included dressing Tigris up like an ancient Egyptian cat goddess.

Rose was on a melty bead kick this week and the pile for me to iron got backed up.  This is the current collection sitting on the ironing board waiting to be ironed.


We finally had her age 8 photos made.  I had scheduled several times during the year at Portrait Innovations (my favorite studio) but each photo day she would end up with a face scratch from Tigris or a fever blister.  So, I kept canceling or rescheduling.  Then our local Portrait Innovations closed.  We tried to take some ourselves...but ended up with not good lighting.  So we decided to try JCPenny's.  I was pleased with how they turned out and will probably use JCP again.  The first photo is the main photo.  The 3rd photo is crazy.  The photographer told her to make a silly face.  When Rose saw it on the screen, she loved it.  Feeling generous, I spent the extra $4 to let her get a sheet of wallets of her crazy pose.




No comments: