Wednesday, August 31, 2011

MFW Adventures Week Two

Week Two was just as much fun as week one!!  We are both enjoying it so much.

This week we studied Christopher Columbus.  So we made a Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria fleet and sailed them across the Atlantic Ocean... aka the pool.
Rose had a lot of fun doing this activity with her ships.

Our science experiments this week were about air......
 water is pushing the air out of various bottles


She was thrilled to read to daddy from her Bible......
Rose and her new Bible...she loves reading it herself
This is how we go to the library.......(with a rolley cart!)

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Great week! I bet she loved sailing the ships in the pool.

Christina said...

Fun! Good idea to bring a cart to the library! We seem to be going twice a week:) Thanks for sharing!

Kay said...

I wish I could have helped sail the ships across the pool... er, I mean ocean ;-) It's wonderful that she enjoys reading her bible to daddy. That is adorable!!

Mary Prather said...

Hi there! Your daughter is a cutie! I'm in Atlanta, too (well, Peachtree City actually) -- where are you??

Unknown said...

Oh, I love the ships in the pool! What a great idea! I bet she'll remember them always!

We bring a laundry basket to the library! The librarian refers to us at "the basket family"! LOL

Stopping by from Kris's Weekly Wrap-up!

Monica said...

Who could pass up playing with ships in a pool? Homeschooling, the library and a rolley cart go hand-and-hand!

Thanks for linking up. Kattie at 2ladybugsandalizard.blogspot.com will be hosting next Thurs linky.

Elizabeth said...

I'd love to know where you bought your cart! I'm looking for one right now. Actually two - one for our library books and another for my girls' regular school books and computers.

SarahinSC said...

We need a rolly cart! I LOVE the picture of your daughter reading the bible to her dad. So precious!

Mama Bird said...

What wonderful projects

My Captivating Life said...

Your projects sound like they were really fun! :)

Kattie said...

Taking a cart to the library is a great idea!! Thanks for linking up and sharing :0)