Here are some pics of Rose and Tim with some of the VBS props.
There were many people at church that I really enjoyed seeing and visiting with. It was a blessing being there!
Our evenings were full with VBS and our days were full with doing this and that. One was the gardening and canning. Rose and I got to help Grandma pick beans. Here is a pic of Rose stringing and breaking beans.
Beans, beans , beans....
Mom taught me to can beans, which turns out to be a pretty simple thing to do. Here are some of the cans full of yummy beans.

Beans, beans , beans....
And of course we had some adventure this week as well. Water Adventure.
On Thursday I got a call from my friend in Atlanta with news that she had just got back from checking on our house and we had water in our kitchen, dining room, and garage. So Chad and my nephew Tyler drove down to Atlanta to take care of that and clean everything up. Our garage was pretty saturated and a lot of stuff got ruined. I don't know the extent since I didn't go. But they took care of what needed taken care of and drove back up here on Sunday evening. I am very thankful to my friend Joanna who diligently checked on the house for us and cleaned up the water in the kitchen and Dining room before Chad got there. What a blessing to have such faithful friends. And I am grateful for Chad going down and taking care of it while Rose and I stayed up here. As you know, Rose and I get car sick so Chad suggested we just stay up here. And we gladly did!
On Thursday I got a call from my friend in Atlanta with news that she had just got back from checking on our house and we had water in our kitchen, dining room, and garage. So Chad and my nephew Tyler drove down to Atlanta to take care of that and clean everything up. Our garage was pretty saturated and a lot of stuff got ruined. I don't know the extent since I didn't go. But they took care of what needed taken care of and drove back up here on Sunday evening. I am very thankful to my friend Joanna who diligently checked on the house for us and cleaned up the water in the kitchen and Dining room before Chad got there. What a blessing to have such faithful friends. And I am grateful for Chad going down and taking care of it while Rose and I stayed up here. As you know, Rose and I get car sick so Chad suggested we just stay up here. And we gladly did!
On Sunday while Chad was trying to get rafters to dry out, I got to teach the Youth class at church which was neat. Should I mention that the kids in youth now were in preschool and early elementary back when I last taught the youth there. I enjoyed the experience and it was a good hands on reminder that discipleship really does lie in the families realm. It was good and sad at the same time. These church kids didn't know the Bible. I asked a few questions about their lesson that I knew Rose could answer at age 6 but they were all clueless. A couple attempted to answer but they were wrong and the rest just said I don't know. All in class were from christian families and regularly attend church and Sunday School. It reaffirmed what we are trying to do with Rose, teaching her at home, currently going to family integrated church, etc.
Also on this topic ....today BlueBehemoth.com has the audio of "The Role of Children in the Meeting of the Church" by Doug Phillips for FREE. If you want to check it out. BlueBehemoth is a great place to go to get lots of mp3's worth listening to! You can buy them and/or they have something FREE everyday.
Also on this topic ....today BlueBehemoth.com has the audio of "The Role of Children in the Meeting of the Church" by Doug Phillips for FREE. If you want to check it out. BlueBehemoth is a great place to go to get lots of mp3's worth listening to! You can buy them and/or they have something FREE everyday.
2 comments:
Not much has changed at CBC, except maybe a nice new coat of paint.
Josh is back, so please let us know if you need us to make a trip to Atlanta and try and air some things out. You know we wouldn't mind.
Glad you were able to see so many great friends. Denise-- what a sweet spirit she had.
Yes, as a Sunday School teacher now, I see it too often. Churched families aren't really doing a good job of discipling their children. And in reality, I sometimes see more negative come for my own child, because the church is becoming very wordly.
I think too often parents rely on the church and their Sunday School teachers to do it when really discipleship can't be accomplished by less than an hour on Sunday morning. As parents, we must live it out and teach throughout our every day lives.
Glad you are having fun and learning many lessons in the process. Want to stop by on your way back home?
Thank you for your help at VBS! You were such a blessing to me and Brandon. We might have gone mad without you LOL. It is devastating the condition of our and it saddens me to hear it. That is why I do not promote Tyler doing youth activities outside of Sunday School because his Spirit is so negatively fed. CBC won't be our church for much longer, because of our move, but I do have to say that they are making changes with good intentions and I just pray that the Lord blesses them through what they are trying to accomplish.
Post a Comment