Well on the first day Rose fell off the monkey bars and landed on her foot. It was a little swollen and discolored. It is always hard to tell when she is really hurt because she shrugs off pain. She doesn't complain or cry with scrapes, bruises, aches etc. So the fact that she cried and wouldn't put pressure on her foot made me a little concerned. That night Tim cheered her up with a puppet show while she iced her foot.
The next day we decided to go ahead and take to the ER to check her out. They couldn't see a break a on the xray so it must have been just a sprain. (Almost three weeks later, she is getting around just fine although it is still tender)
Rose has had a lot of fun on the farm...playing with cousins almost everyday! Here she is relaxing on the back porch in one of the chair hammocks.
The Garden
I could tell you how I got up super early one morning to work in the garden....it had rained the night before and me being a city a girl and all didn't know that mud equals not hoeing the garden. So I got up and put on 'farm clothes' before anyone was up and headed out to the tool garage to find a hoe. Well not knowing where they kept their garden tools, all I could find was a broken hoe. The handle was broken in half and looked like it was child sized, but it was all I could find so I went out to the muddy garden and started hoeing the first row of corn. Boy, hoeing mud sure is heavy. About a quarter down my row my hoe broke off from the stumpy handle, probably due to the heavy mud, that you are not suppose to hoe in. So now all I had was the medal part of the hoe. Well I didn't want to be 'quiter' so I put that hoe part in my hand, got down on my knees and finished hoeing that row with the little tiny medal piece. Well I was just trying to help....how was I to know. My dad laughed and laughed when he heard what I did. Needless to say, I now only go to the garden with my mom there to guide me:)
We also had a family reunion on my mom's side of the family. So the week was pretty busy preparing for the four day event of McBee Reunion mania:)
The cake I made.
Some shots at the reunion....everyone chatting and catching up....and enjoying lots of good food.


The cake I made.
Here is a pic of my family.
Here is a picture of my 10 yr old niece Tori and my 26 year old cousin Mary Beth (from Chicago) washing off the potential poison ivy from their legs from our in the woods adventure. We decided to take Mary Beth and her boyfriend on a ranger (6 wheeler) ride through the woods. My niece can drive the ranger and knows the woods better than me so she was our leader. Tori took us to a safe turn around point in the woods and started to head back. But we urged her to take us further into the woods. There were a few different path options at this point and we just guessed at one. She took us on a fun and adventurous ride until we got stranded because we failed to check the gas tank before we left. (Did I mention that our leader was a ten year old, who was very distraught that "she" didn't check the gas, oh Tori you are so sweet, but really don't you think one of us adults should have thought that, too) Anyways, we walked up a very step hill covered in poison ivy, to get to where we had cell phone signal. We called back let those at the house know of our dilemma. And we waded in the creek and hung out until Grandpa and Chad came to our rescue. It was a great adventure :)

This is a pic of Chad after getting back from a morning out fishing with my dad and uncle Fred.
1 comment:
This post made me laugh so hard. I could just see you wading in the muddy garden with your little hoe. Determined not to give up, but thinking, "man, I like the city!"
And then to end it with Chad in his ranger/fishing hat. I must go find some tissues to wipe away the tears of laughter!
Post a Comment