Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Week 2 in KY

Our second week in Kentucky was lots of fun too. We spent one day at Jennifer's (no pic). And one day at Kristie's. Here is a pic of Kyle and Chad conversating on the trampoline after the kids came in for a break.
During this week we had our 15th wedding Anniversary and Chad's 4oth birthday! On his birthday, mom and dad took the three of us to a restaurant. Oh but not just ANY restaurant.....it was an hour away and out in the middle of now where (I literally mean in the sticks, people).....somewhere between here and Louisville. And you have to take this winding road to that winding road over that there yonder winding road and then beyond. Did I mention that Rose and I get car sick very easily? Oh man I was so sick. I was sick the entire ride....it was a Looong hour for me. And the last 10-15 minutes was pretty rough on Rose as well. Again, I guess I didn't realize how accustomed to the city I was. Who drives an hour to dinner anyways???
This a pic of Chad opening a card from Rose while we are waiting for our food.And the food was good. It was real good! But would I drive an hour to get it? No way.

Here is a pic I took, the next pic is one Rose took. This was after we ate and I was feeling much better but not 100% and not looking forward to the drive home. Mom graciously gave me the front seat... that combined with an ice cream :) prevented car sickness on the drive home.
We went to Tyler's 15th birthday party....here is a pic of the kids.
Yes. and you already know...Everybody Loves Chad. He is just that type of guy. Everyone is vying to spend time with him. Let me reiterate we are visiting my family (his family is in ND) The nephews love to spend time with him, play games with him, etc. My parents like to hang out with him. Chad is just an awesome person. He is so kind and generous. He has a vast amount of knowledge and wisdom. Who doesn't love to be around someone like that? Did I mention his servant heart?
Here is Chad helping my mom in the kitchen.Here he is helping my dad in the barn and then with the goats.
Chad is always thinking of others. Did I tell you why we are up here? Chad is doing research at Christ Hospital for his dissertation. So he is pretty busy with that as well, but does he show the stress of that? Nope. He is such a steady type of guy. He is the same kind loving person in all circumstances. I am so thankful. I know that I have the greatest husband and I just love and appreciate him so much!

Anyways, (kind of got sidetracked there, but hey it just wouldn't be right if every now and then I didn't recognize the awesomeness around me;) Here are some super fun pics of Rose and Tori playing on the hay in the barn. Spending time on the farm is so much Fun!
One night Shonda (she was in my youth group back when I was the Youth Minster at CBC) and her family came by. She has a family of her own now.Tori drove the kids over the barn in the ranger.The kids had fun seeing the goats and dogs. Here is Rose holding a baby goat.And then back at the house the girls wanted a bedtime snack, so Ben joined them as well.
Week 2 ended with another family reunion. This time it was dad's side of the family (Irvin side). It had been a couple of years since I had seen some of them, so it was fun catching up. Here is mom and dad grilling out.Rose all tuckered out.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Well, first let me ask, did you enjoy your visit to "Our Best"? Yes, you see our lives even cross paths in the sticks. Josh's grandfather was born in Smithville and his parent's old log cabin isn't too far from the restaurant. You were probably within spitting distance of our 5 acres-- it's for sale if you want to move to KY :). When the grandparents (great and great-great) get to pick the restaurant, this is usually the choice.

The first time Josh took me to meet his parents, he brought me home from Eastern back those crazy, windy, roads. I thought for sure we would never get there. On subsequent visits, he brought me on the interstate.

Josh wants me to add that if you guys ever head to Our Best again, take the interstate-- it's a 40 minute, less windy drive. You'll enjoy the beans and cornbread more and you may even feel well enough to have one of their famous pieces of pie afterward!

PS-- Happy Birthday, Chad! How can you possibly be 40?

Angela said...

You have got to be kidding me!! I know God loves doing this to us. Your comment sure did give me and Chad a kick this morning. Wow I really am just amazed at all the little things God gave us alike.

Yep...my parents and aunts and uncles love to go to Our Best. They enjoy the scenic drive and down home cooking.