Friday, September 12, 2008

precious prayer

My well seasoned baking stone broke in the oven. 12 1/2 years of seasoning gone in a flashRose thought it was sad that my stone had broke. But then in a cheerful, yet consoling voice said, "that's ok, God can give you a new one." After telling daddy about our stone adventure, she promptly went into the next room and prayed to God to give mommy a new stone.
She had recently learned Philippians 4:19 "My God shall supply all your needs." So when she questioned me about God giving me a new rectangle stone, I tried to explain that having a rectangle stone was nice, but we didn't need another one; that we could use our round one to bake on...and that baking stones are very nice to have and I appreciate having them, but they are by no means a need. I also told her that I appreciated her prayer and maybe one day we will have a new rectangle stone. It was all very sweet.

I love the mind and the heart of a 4 year old. I know I say this about every age she at, but I am really enjoying this age and stage in her life!

No comments: