Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A little update

I know I have not been the best blogger this past week. This is our 13th move since we have been married...you'd think I would have this down to a science by now, but I don't. A move is still a move. But this move I don't mind so much, because I am sooo loving our new house. Now, if I could just get everything unpacked and organized I will be set.

But the move is not the only new thing around here. Rose and I joined a local Christian home school group, called DASCH, which stands for Dunwoody Area Support for Christian Homeschoolers. They do Field Trips, park dates, co-op, info sharing, and all kinds of neat stuff. I am excited about hooking up with this group of families.
We joined the DASCH Co-op. The co-op meets every other Thursday at a local church for supplemental classes. Rose is taking a sign language class and a literature/drama class. She has really shown an interest in learning sign language so this class came along at the right time. She was so excited to show me what she learned! The lit class is story telling and then acting it out. I am the helper in that class and it is fun to watch the kids. It is also some art, b/c they create costumes and sets as well. It is a pretty cool class for a 4 year old.

One more thing Rose and I started is Little Keepers of the Home. DASCH has a club that meets once a month but most of the work is done at home. It is so beyond precious!

Home school is going well. Rose is learning her phonics, numbers, and cursive letters. She learned her 6th Bible Verse. By the way, if you see her or talk to her on the phone ask her to tell you one or all of her verses. It amazes me how she can recite them at the drop of a hat. And you can also ask her what they mean. I love to hear her little 4 yr old explainations. They are normally clearer than mine.

She is also doing well at cheerleading. I wasn't sure how well she would do. But she sure can do those little cheers. And now they are also learning a 2 1/2 minute routine to do at competitions. Her squad is 4 and 5 year olds and part of the Upwards sports program at our church. They are doing a newer program called Impact Cheerleading that seems really good.

We have started going to Dunwoody Baptist Church on Wednesday nights and Rose has Childrens Choir. Chad and I ended up in a Bible Study class with all elderly people ....I don't know where the people our age are, but we are liking our class with the 'mature' christians!
We are still going to Johnson Ferry Baptist on Sundays until Christmas time, since Chad and I teach, we din't want to leave them high and dry. Hopefully between now and then someone will step up to take over our fun class.
When we do make our switch to Dunwoody on Sundays, Chad and I will miss our Bible Study Class with Dr Craig. It has been the best class we have been a part of in many years.

Well that is what I've been up to. Now I guess I better get back to unpacking!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Wow you sure have been busy. This move will be a nice birthday present, huh!