Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sunday Breakfast

Chad and I took our turn at bringing breakfast for our Sunday morning Bible Study Class. There are normally between 50 - 60 people in our class. So we made a big spread....Chad made his mom's recipe for homemade caramel rolls and pancakes with fresh strawberry syrup and cool whip or reg or maple syrup....I made and egg/sausage/potato/veggie medley and an egg/cheese/ham/red pepper medley....plus donuts and juices. We got up early and shared the kitchen cooking. BUT we forgot that this week was spring break week here. So we only had 28 people (about 1/2) in class. Even though we strongly encouraged everyone to eat heartily, we still had some leftovers. Maybe Chad will take some to work Monday morning to share there. ...Anyways, it felt good to that for our wonderful class. Even though I normally do not enjoy cooking, I enjoyed cooking for them.

5 comments:

Samantha said...

That must have been a ton of food! I'm trying to remember if I ever remember you cooking anything for the you... um, no. :-)

Samantha said...

youth, not you.

Jennifer Hoover said...

It sounds good, are you going to cook breakfast for us when you come up?
The youth minister's wife (I am horrible with names) is in my Sunday school class, she seems nice and also, Cindy uh something from Mamaw and Papaws church she is like Kristie's age or older, goes there now.

Angela said...

Samantha - oh you are too funny. No, it pretty much was fast food or pizza or cereal and donuts...etc, wasn't it? Oh well, I still love ya! ....I do remember you all cooking, though, like for the Valentine's banquet. :)

Jen - don't count on it. ....Besides, why would you want me cooking when everyone else is a much better cook than moowha.
Her name is Darla. Yes, I think she is very nice. And Cindy's last name in Wainscott. :)

Jennifer Hoover said...

that's it, wainscott. well, not now, she is married, but yeah her. Darla was nice and Cindy was very conversational. This is an oddity since Dan Montgomery left our SS class, I haven't been able to really communicate with anyone that has been in our class. Now that Darla and Cindy are in our class, I feel better about it. Also Shonda and Lee are in our class, but they didn't talk much but maybe it was just an off day for them.