Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Our Day at Stone Mountain
This week was MONSTER TRUCK week at Stone Mountain. So I knew we had to take Andrew. He talks about and plays with Monster Trucks EVERYday! They were all excited to go. The first thing they find to play with is a dirt pile....which was actuacly good b/c they found something to do while we waited in a long line to get tickets. The 4D monster truck movie was enjoyed by Rose (who never really wants to play w/trucks...she would rather play with princesses) And Andrew started crying at the end saying it was too loud and he doesn't like it anymore. They got to watch part of a Veggie tales movie and do some crafts. Rose RODE on a monster truck and loved it! Andrew wouldn't go near it ...he sat in the stroller and buried his face during Rose's ride....go figure? :) Rose also did some rock climbing...poor Andrew opted out of that one, too. They had a lot of fun and I think it was a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
How fun!!!
I got to watch the video, I can't believe rose got up on that big truck, she is brave.
I know and she did it ALL BY HERSELF!! Since Andrew for sure wasn't getting on, I stayed back with him and let her ride. My little girl all by herself. When she got back she had a HUGE smile and told us how fun it was!! I thought that maybe Andrew would want ride after he saw Rose ride, ...I was wrong. He wanted nothing of the sort!
You have to understand Andrew plays and talks about monster truck every day. He knows all the truck names....he is having a Monster Truck bday party. He plays trucks all the time. Rose plays with her dolls and princesses and he plays with his monster trucks.
...Oh well. He was still super excited about the day. Bless his little heart!
Okay this is so funny. I have a similar story from the little boy that I nannied for a few years backs. He was going to have his 5th birthday party at this museum that had all kinds of reptiles. He kept talking about how he was going to touch and hold the snake. He told this to everyone. All of the children at his preschool, all of the children coming to the party, the attendent at the movie theatre (you get the picture). Anyway, when his party rolled around he wouldn't have anything to do with the snake. Every kid pet it and held it except him (even the girls).
So funny. Andrew really reminded me of Ty.
Post a Comment