Friday, November 16, 2007

Reading

Rose has shown an interest in reading (and writing). On Wednesday we started working on site words since she has the interest (I wasn't planning on starting to read till she turned 4, but she has the desire now) :) Anyways, Wednesday I introduced her to about 20 site words. She now (Friday morning) knows 8 for sure!! I think that is wonderful!! I am using Your Baby Can Read.... and playing games with words etc. I plan to use a combination of phonics and site word teaching. Just going at her pace and letting her lead, right now. She thinks it is fun and loves this in addition to the school time we have. She has a true thirst for learning right now. It is so neat to watch her learn!
The words she always gets right:
cat
dog
gorilla
elephant
Rose
Mommy
Daddy
hi

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Way to go Rose! Doing phonics and site words is key. I personally think you shouldn't do one without the other. You are doing such a great job wiht Rose.