Monday, August 13, 2007

Back from our trip

We had a good time in Kentucky. We traveled on Tuesday and got to Kristie's at about 1:30 AM Wednesday morning. On Wednesday, the kids jumped on the trampoline and played. Jen and her kids came over. We all had a fun day together. Then we went to mom and dad's farm. Rose enjoyed seeing the puppies, dogs, and goats. Riding on the ranger was fun for her too.... loved playing with all of her cousins.
While we were up there I went to Shonda's baby shower...she was in my youth group when I was a youth minister at Crittenden Baptist. She has been married for 3 yrs and is now having a baby...that kind of makes me feel older. I also got to see Jaclyn, another one of my former youth, who is having a baby, too. It was so good to see them both. And to see many people from the church up there. That church is always home to me.
Since we added extra foam padding to Rose's car seat and switched it to the booster, she rides and sleeps much better during the drive.
While we were up there Tyler got to go camping with his mom, stepdad, and siblings. I think he enjoyed it.
Oh, and of course we had a bon fire while we were up there... roasted hotdogs and marshmallows. It was nice being with my family. It was a very good trip!

No comments: