Sunday, September 16, 2012

Irvin family get together vacation in Reno

This was such a fun week and half!  My family decided to get together for a family vacation.  Guess where the get together was.  It was at our home, here in Reno.  :)  

Grandma and Grandpa Irvin came a few days before everyone else.  We enjoyed having them all to ourselves for those days.  
Here are some photos from us visiting Squaw Valley, the site of the 1960 Winter Olympics.
Rose on the Sky Jump
Chad, Angela, Rose, Grandma, and Grandpa
Daddy and Rose
On the podium at the Olympic Museum
We rode the sky tram up the mountain, then walked around.  Grandma found these flowers.

On Saturday, Aunt Kristie, Uncle Jerry, Kyle, and Jordan arrived.  Then later that afternoon Aunt Jennifer, Uncle Brandon, Tyler, Tori, and Timothy arrived.  The whole family stayed at our our house and we had a blast.  You can see the cousins immediately had games and things they wanted play.



Then we went out for some half priced milkshakes at Sonic.



The next day we did some touring in downtown Reno.




We visited Pyramid Lake, until a storm came and hailed on us.  We had to rush pack up in high winds and hail.  A storm? ...Did I mention this is a lake in the middle of a desert, where it, like, never rains?  But we still had fun. 











That evening at Scheels we rode the ferris wheel. 







'The Guys' put in a brick walking path from the water spout to the doorsteps in our backyard.
 




 That evening, the girls had fun taking photos....









Our fun continued with a day at Lake Tahoe.  
















Since we were all together we decided to get a group photo.

Oh yeah, we are crazy.
These last photos are of us having fun hanging out at the house on our last day of the Irvin Family Vacation in Reno, NV.







And I will end this post with a group hug...

6 comments:

Jennifer Hoover said...

This was a VERY fun week! We enjoyed it very much. I appreciated you opening up your home to us. I miss you all terribly. Love you all!!!

Kristie said...

What fun, what fun!! Thanks again for having us! Can't wait to see everyone again!

Samantha said...

Beautiful, happy pictures... but the real question is this: Where did you get the craft paper rack? You must share! :)

Angela said...

Samantha it was an online shelving supplier. They sold shelves and racks for retail stores. I think it was made for scrapbooking stores. I can't recall where, but I can go back through me receipts and find out. I had a hard time finding a shelf for my paper, but I knew they had to be out there.

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

I purchased it from ebay but here is a link to the product.

http://wire-display.com/store/white-wire-30slot-paper-shelves-12x12-21690-p-7.html

and/or

http://argonautpress.com/displaysPaper.html

and an ebay link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/230448580154?item=230448580154&ViewItem=

I included 3 links in case one gets old and no longer works. :)