Friday, August 31, 2012

June

Oh, what a fun start to our summer!

Here we are at Lake Tahoe spending a gorgeous day with our friends, the Beck family.
The water was still quite chilly...
but that didn't stop the girls from having fun...
 
Chad (in red) and I (in yellow) are using our friends kayaks...
 Chad and Rose.... 
 Carissa and Rose...
 Chad playing some beach frisbee with Mr. Michael...
 We let Rose paddle out in a kayak (red) by herself.  Her friend Shaina was in the yellow one.
 She did great paddling out, but couldn't figure out how to turn back around.  She was stuck way out in the lake.  (See those tiny rocks way out there?  barely in the photo on the far right side.  Yeah, that's were she was.)  Daddy and Mr. Michael had to swim out and help her.  Her sweet friend stayed close by her and never left her side.  After daddy and Mr. Michael swam out there, they got pulled in by a nice man on a sea-doo.  ...Did I mention the water was around 60 degrees on this day? (chilly!)
She handled the stress and fear of the situation very well.  Just one more adventure!

aren't they so cute?

~~~~~ ~~~~~

We had an in town vacation at one of the local resorts.  We just love being together as a family.  It was fun celebrating the end of Rose's 2nd grade and the end of daddy's first year of teaching at UNR.
Rose visiting their in house candy store :)
 Enjoying some bowling there...
 Our view of the pool...
 Rose in the pool...
 enjoying one of their restaurants...
 It was a great family vacation!

~~~~~ ~~~~~

Catching a 3D movie with our friends....

~~~~~ ~~~~~

 Rose and Sam having a kool-aid stand...

~~~~~ ~~~~~

Enjoying the Truckee River in downtown Reno after dinner out one evening...

~~~~~ ~~~~~

Rose having a fun time at Carissa's birthday party....

We are thankful for sweet friends.

~~~~~ ~~~~~

 Another great day at Lake Tahoe with friends...
 For Father's Day Chad received this inflatable kayak that seats all three of us...
We have so much fun kayaking!
 Trying out Paddle Boarding...

(I think I will stick with kayaking...but it was fun trying it out)

~~~~~ ~~~~~

(We do love online coupon deals....)
Here we are at Viva Le Cirque
 Dinner before the show...
 At the show...
 After the show...

I must say, June was a very fun month!

After looking at these photos, it is obvious that God has blessed us with good friends here in Reno.  I am so thankful for these christian friends.
I am also so thankful for my loving husband and kind daughter.  I feel blessed that we get to spend so much time together as a family.

1 comment:

Jennifer Hoover said...

It looks like you had a very Blessed June. I am glad God's hand is so evidently surrounding you guys in your journeys. We love you.