Monday, January 26, 2009
Digestive System
Rose has been learning her digestive system....and is very proud of her work on this topic. It all started with a game we got her for Christmas. Some Body (I high;y recommend it). We were playing it and learning all the organs but I thought it would make more sense if we broke it down, so we decided to focus on the digestive system....something she could easily relate to, since she eats and poohs everyday. We played the game just using the main digestive system parts....I thought we would add the other organs that aid the digestive system later (like the gall bladder, pancreas, etc).
Then we came up with a song to sing, naming the parts. And fun little oral quizzes etc. It was all very fun. Then I traced the body and the main digestive organs on a piece of paper.
I would say a part and she would color the corresponding drawing. We kept playing and singing. She even called G-ma and told her the parts. Then she was ready for the "test" (that's what we called it) She told me the names of the parts on the sheet (in order) and I wrote them down for her. She then traced the words (able to sneak hand writting practice in) and she also wanted to trace the body outline and body parts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm impressed. She is already learning about the digestive system! You are so good at making every day things into learning activities.
She sang her digestive song to me over the phone the other day and it was very cute, way to go Rose, you are learning so fast.
Post a Comment