Monday, November 24, 2008

The Prodigal Bunny

On Friday, Chad let Honey the Bunny out on her leash for a bit. We often let her enjoy some leash time, to hop around the yard while we are outside or while I am cooking dinner and can keep a fairly decent eye on her through my kitchen window. But on this particular day we kind of forgot she was out there. And left her totally unattended....the rest of the evening....and then all night. oops. Well Saturday morning she was gone. It appeared she was able to wiggle out of her harness and she was gone. We didn't tell Rose right away for some reason. But I knew she would notice on Monday. Thankfully Monday morning Honey was back! She was behind her house getting a little shelter from the morning rain. Well I guess the big world wasn't as wonderful as Honey thought it would be and she returned to her nice safe home. Ahhh. Needless to say Chad and I were thrilled that THAT conversation was avoided. And we were happy to have our prodigal bunny back home!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Too funny. I can't believe that he knew how to get home.