This Live Butterfly Garden is going to be our main Science project for March. Doesn't it look like fun! You send off and get caterpillar larvae mailed to you. It has instructions for caring for and watching it change in different stages until you have butterflies then you watch them and release them! And of course we had to get a new book that explains it all. Rose is so excited she filled out the form to send out herself...now I need to call and see if I can just order the larvae over the phone or if I need a new form, because I just don't think they will be able to understand what Rose wrote down! She has been talking about it everyday this week....I hope she enjoys it this much once we actually start!
I did this with the family that I nannied for and the little boy (4) absolutely loved it! It is an amazing process to watch them change each day and it was a really special event when he let them out into the open. His mom was there for the event and she took some great photos. It was a special memory.
Glazed Carrots: Super easy. I just take the unpeeled big carrots (not the baby carrots) and peel them and slice them into chunks. Then I boil them in water until they are tender and I can easily put a fork through them. Drain the water and then add a little bit of butter (I use Brummel and Brown) and brown sugar and mix together. I don't have a recipe I just do it to taste. They are yummy!
4 comments:
I did this with the family that I nannied for and the little boy (4) absolutely loved it! It is an amazing process to watch them change each day and it was a really special event when he let them out into the open. His mom was there for the event and she took some great photos. It was a special memory.
Glazed Carrots:
Super easy. I just take the unpeeled big carrots (not the baby carrots) and peel them and slice them into chunks. Then I boil them in water until they are tender and I can easily put a fork through them. Drain the water and then add a little bit of butter (I use Brummel and Brown) and brown sugar and mix together. I don't have a recipe I just do it to taste. They are yummy!
Of course you did!! because we are the same mind in two different bodies!
Thanks for the recipe....I have never made glazed carrots before....I will give it a try this next week!
Post a Comment